The 2.3-acre (100,000-sq.-ft.) site is located at 1200 N. Courthouse Road in the Clarendon-Courthouse neighborhood. The site is bordered by 13th Street North (north), North Courthouse Road (east), 12th Court North (south) and the Courtland Towers apartment building (west).
This project was approved by the County Board on Oct. 17, 2020.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, Arlington Hotel Holdings, Inc, proposes to convert the existing building from hotel to residential use. Project details:
- Convert 187 hotel units to 180 residential units
- Remove three parking spaces (150 total spaces; 0.83 spaces per unit)
- Minor changes to:
- Building façade
October 24, 2019
- This project will undergo public review via a virtual Site Plan Review Process. Learn more.
- The SPRC Chair for the site plan review process is: Elizabeth Morton, ElizabethMortonPC@gmail.com
|Timeline||Milestone / Meeting||Materials|
|October 24||Site Plan Acceptance|
|February 3||Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting|
|Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) Meeting|
|October 5||Planning Commission Meeting
|October 17||County Board Meeting
*Process timelines are subject to change as needs arise. Check back for updates.
Related Plans and Processes
- This site is located within the Courthouse Sector Plan planning area.
- R-B Corridor – Streetscape Standards (2007 Update)