The 2.13-acre (93,000-sq.-ft.) site is located at 101 12th Street South in the Crystal City neighborhood. The site is bordered by 10th Street South and Crystal City Lofts (north), Long Bridge Park's entryway (east),12th Street South (south), and 201 12th Street South (west).
This reports the status related to Site Plan Review Process only (Administrative Regulation 4.1).
About the Project
The applicant, JBG Smith, proposes a site plan amendment to construct a new office building with ground floor retail space. Project details:
- Rezone the site from C-O-1.5 and M-2 to C-O-Crystal City, Crystal City Mixed Use District
- New office building:
- Nine stories in height
- 5,195 sq. ft. of ground floor retail
- 68 new parking spaces in below-grade parking structure
- Proposed modifications for:
- Required office parking and compact parking ratio
- Density exclusions
- Additional density as provided under the Zoning Ordinance
- Site plan improvements and public amenities, including:
- Open space improvements to Gateway Park
- 10th Street – 12th Street Connector Street
- Utility fund contribution
- Public art contribution
- Streetscape improvements
January 31, 2020
|Timeline||Milestone / Meeting||Materials|
|April 30 - May 7, 2020||Online Feedback Opportunity
Review Focus: Block Plan, Land Use, Site Design, Architecture
All comments received and staff/applicant responses will be posted here after the feedback period has closed.
|May 25 - June 3, 2020||Online Feedback Opportunity
Review Focus: Transportation and Open Space
|June 30 - July 7, 2020||Online Feedback Opportunity
Review Focus: Site Plan Features, Construction Implementation, Wrap-up
|TBD - Fall 2020||Planning Commission
|TBD - Fall 2020||County Board
Related Plans and Processes
- This site is located within the Crystal City Sector Plan planning area.