Explore this project site through a virtual walking tour.
The 2.13-acre (93,000-sq.-ft.) site is located at 101 12th Street South in the Crystal City neighborhood. The site is bordered by 10th Street South and Crystal City Lofts (north), Long Bridge Park's entryway (east),12th Street South (south), and 201 12th Street South (west).
This reports the status related to Site Plan Review Process only (Administrative Regulation 4.1).
About the Project
The applicant, JBG Smith, proposes a site plan amendment to construct a new office building with ground floor retail space. Learn more details about the project by watching the videos below:
- Rezone the site from C-O-1.5 and M-2 to C-O-Crystal City, Crystal City Mixed Use District
- New office building:
- Nine stories in height
- 234,417 sq. ft. of office space
- 5,195 sq. ft. of ground floor retail
- 68 new parking spaces in below-grade parking structure and 225 existing parking spaces
- Proposed modifications for:
- Off-site parking and compact parking ratio
- Use-Mix Ratio
- Density exclusions
- Additional density as provided under the Zoning Ordinance
- Site plan improvements and public amenities, including:
- LEED Silver Certification
- Open space improvements to Gateway Park
- 10th Street – 12th Street Connector Street
- Utility fund contribution
- Public art contribution
- Streetscape improvements
January 31, 2020
- Application materials
- Multi-Modal Transportation Assessment (MMTA)
- Site Plan Drawings (civil, landscape, architecture)
- This project will undergo public review via a virtual Site Plan Review Process. Learn more.
- The SPRC Chair for the site plan review process is: Tenley Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Timeline||Milestone / Meeting||Materials|
|February 2020||Site Plan Acceptance|
|May 2020||Site Plan Review Process Kick-off|
|July 1 - July 10||Online Engagement Opportunity
Review Focus: Block Plan, Land Use, Site Design, Architecture, Transportation
|July 27 - Aug 3||Online Engagement Opportunity
Review Focus: Open Space, Construction Implementation, Community Benefits
All comments received and staff/applicant responses will be posted here after the feedback period has closed
|TBD||Virtual SPRC Meeting
|TBD - Fall 2020||Planning Commission
|TBD - Fall 2020||County Board
*Process timelines are subject to change as needs arise. Check back for updates.
Related Plans and Processes
- This site is located within the Crystal City Sector Plan planning area.