In the Ballston Metro Station Area on the block bounded by 11th Street to the north, Glebe Road to the east, North Fairfax Drive to the south and Wakefield Street to the west.
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicants/ developers, Marymount University and the Shooshan Company, proposed a major amendment for the 90,487-square-foot site of the Marymount University Blue Goose building. A Site Plan Amendment was approved Jan. 25, 2014 to redevelop the site of the Blue Goose Building with two mixed-use office, commercial, retail and residential buildings:
- a 9 story office building to be used as a school of higher instruction by Marymount University;
- a 12-story, 267 unit residential building with ground floor retail; and
- Approximately 10,600 square feet of outdoor space for a public plaza and pedestrian passageway through the site.
- Jan. 25, 2014 - County Board: Agenda (Item #41) | Board Report A | Supplemental Report (Revised Conditions & Housing Commission Recommendation) | Attachment 1 | Attachment 2 | Attachment 3 | Planning Commission Letter | Letter from the Public | Board Report B | Meeting Minutes (Item #41)
- Dec. 9, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Sign-In Sheet
- Oct. 28, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Notes | Sign-In Sheet | Historic Preservation Comments | Bluemont Civic Association | Applicant Presentation
- Oct. 17, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Sign-In Sheet | Staff Presentation | Applicant Presentation
- Sept. 30, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Sign-In Sheet
- July 18, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Walking Tour Handout | Applicant Presentation | Sign-In Sheet
- June 20, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Staff Presentation | Sign-In Sheet