The Master Transportation Plan (MTP) provides general guidance for Arlington’s transportation system through 2030. Early efforts include the following documents:
- Goals and Policies Summary – Updated February 2017
- Baseline Conditions Report
- Online Survey Results
Elements of the Master Transportation Plan
The overall goals, policies and map elements of the plan are supported by six modal element documents — bicycle, transportation demand and system management, parking and curb space management, pedestrian, streets, and transit — which provide more detailed guidance.
- Bicycle Element (adopted April 2019)
- Demand and System Management Element (adopted December 2008)
- Parking and Curb Space Management Element (adopted November 2009)
- Pedestrian Element (amended April 2011)
- Streets Element (amended October 2016)
- Transit Element (updated December 2016)
Master Transportation Plan Map
The MTP Map identifies approved and planned transportation facilities in Arlington County. Separate sections of the map depict the planned bicycle facilities and transit service networks. Information about Complete Streets and the County’s street typology are also included. This map is periodically updated as needed.