The Master Transportation Plan (MTP) provides general guidance for Arlington’s transportation system through 2030. Early efforts include the following documents:
- Goals and Policies Summary – Updated February 2017
- Baseline Conditions Report
- Online Survey Results
Elements of the Master Transportation Plan
The overall goals, policies and map elements of the plan are supported by six modal element documents — bicycle, transportation demand and system management, parking and curb space management, pedestrian, streets, and transit — which provide more detailed guidance.
- Bicycle Element (adopted July 2008) – currently being updated, Bicycle Element Working Group
- Demand and System Management Element (adopted Dec. 2008)
- Parking and Curb Space Management Element (adopted Nov. 2009)
- Pedestrian Element (adopted July 2008)
- Streets Element (amended Oct. 2016)
- Transit Element (updated Dec. 2016)
Master Transportation Plan Map
The MTP Map identifies approved and planned transportation facilities in Arlington County. Separate sections of the map depict the planned bicycle facilities and transit service networks. Information about Complete Streets and the County’s street typology are also included. This map is periodically updated as needed.