The Long Bridge Park Advisory Committee shall:
- Promote and advance the County vision and goals set forth in the Long Bridge Park Master Plan for Park and Recreational Facilities and North Tract Area Plan as developed by the original North Tract Task Force and subsequent Long Bridge Park Design Advisory Committee and adopted and revised by the Arlington County Board;
- Provide guidance to County staff and the architectural and engineering consulting team on the design of Long Bridge Park facilities and park elements, and work cooperatively with staff and the Architectural & Engineering team to ensure that the design embodies and respects (a) the Master Plan, (b) the general guidance in the program and architectural plan developed for the North Tract Aquatics, Health and Fitness Facility, or any similar subsequent plan, (c) relevant environmental remediation plans and policies, and (d) County budgetary provisions;
- Provide guidance to County staff on other issues associated with the complete development of the Master Plan and the furtherance of the policies, goals, and objectives set out within that document. Additionally, provide guidance on issues not specified in the Master Plan that may arise in the evolution of Long Bridge Park that may impact the development of the Master Plan. Such issues may include, but not be limited to, operating costs, event planning, changes in nearby road or trail networks, etc.
- As the community steering committee, work with County staff and the A&E team to coordinate outreach to and effective communications with all community stakeholders and relevant County advisory commissions, and to facilitate public and commission reviews at appropriate points in the evolution of Long Bridge Park; and
- Make reports to the County Board as appropriate.
In carrying out this charge, the Chair of the Long Bridge Park Advisory Committee may convene working groups on an as needed basis, as determined by the Chair, to help facilitate specific aspects of park and facility design or to address other relevant issues in the overall development of the Master Plan. The Chair may also establish liaisons with other planning and design processes relevant to the Long Bridge area in order to ensure integration of the area’s overall design and site plan requirements. These other processes may include, but are not limited to, County reviews of site plans, any coordinated planning or cooperative efforts between the County and the National Park Service, and any work being done in relation to sponsorships or partnerships that may have an impact on the design of the Long Bridge area. The liaisons may be Advisory Committee members, other Arlington County residents or County staff.
|Ahl, Christer||Crystal City CA|
|Cassel, Eric W.||Neighborhood At-Large|
|Clarke, Donald||Arlington Ridge CA|
|Garrett McGuire||Transportation Com|
|Hensley, Jon||Public Art SubCom|
|Mandle, Rob||Crystal City BID|
|Ross, Doug||Sports Com|
|Ross, William||Park and Rec Com|
|Aurora Highlands CA|
|Robertson, Peter||Fiscal Affairs Ad Com|
|Siegel, Jane||Planning Com|
|Todd Yeatts||Business Interests|