The Historic Preservation Master Plan is the primary guide for historic resources in the County. The purpose of this plan is to establish proactive priorities, goals and objectives for County Historic Preservation activities that involve the historic built environment and County history in general. The Historic Preservation Master Plan serves as a guide to communicate the County’s Historic Preservation policies to citizens, businesses, developers and others.
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Goal 1: Enhance Understanding of Arlington’s History and Historic Character
- Goal 2: Better Integrate Preservation Values into County Planning, Land Use, and Other Policies and Practices
- Goal 3: Protect Historic Neighborhoods, Corridors, Commercial Centers and Civic Buildings
- Glossary and Credits
- Appendix 1: List of Local Historic Districts and Sites in the National Register of Historic Places
- Appendix 2: Arlington Historic Preservation Master Plan Implementation Framework
The Implementation Framework (found in Appendix 2) completes the Master Plan by describing how the County will accomplish the efforts implied in its strategies, setting out an approach to implementation focused on the actions of County staff, and elected and appointed officials.