GLUP Amendment Change
A General Land Use Plan (GLUP) amendment request was submitted to change the land use designation for the Colony House site along Lee Highway from “Low-Medium” Residential to “Low” Office-Apartment-Hotel.
This request was in conjunction with a rezoning request from “C-2” (Service Commercial – Community Business Districts) to “C-O-1.5” (Commercial Office Building, Hotel and Apartment Districts), consistent with the requested GLUP designation.
Findings and Staff Recommendations
The following documents outline the findings of the Special GLUP Study for the Colony House site:
- Final Report of Study Findings and Staff Recommendations (includes Long Range Planning Committee Presentation Compendium)
The portion of the block bounded by Lee Highway to the north and North Quinn Street to the east (reaching halfway across the block west towards North Scott Street and partway across the block south towards the adjacent residential buildings).
Scope of Study
This study analyzed the site in the context of the surrounding area and obtained feedback from LRPC on the appropriateness of the requested change. The scope of the study included the following:
- History of GLUP and zoning designations for the subject site and surrounding area
- Existing GLUP and zoning designations for the subject site and surrounding area
- Recommendations of the Rosslyn Transit Station Area Study and the Rosslyn Station Area Plan Addendum
- Recommendations of other relevant plans and policies
- Proposed GLUP amendment request
- 3D modeling of existing conditions and what the proposed GLUP designation would allow
- Preliminary transportation analysis for the site