GLUP Amendment Change
A General Land Use Plan (GLUP) amendment request was submitted to change the land use designation, of the Bergmann’s site along Lee Highway from “Low-Medium” Residential (16-36 units/acre) to one of three options:
- “Low” Office-Apartment-Hotel
- “Low” Office-Apartment-Hotel for the western block and “Medium” Residential for the eastern block
- “Medium” Residential for both blocks with striping of the western block 80% “Medium” Residential and 20% “Low” Office Apartment Hotel.
Each option would designate both blocks as a Special Grocery Store Revitalization District.
Findings and Staff Recommendations
The following documents outline the findings of the Special GLUP Study for the Bergmann’s site:
- Final Memorandum of Study Findings and Staff Recommendations
- Long Range Planning Committee (LRPC) Presentation Compendium
The two blocks bounded by Lee Highway, North Veitch Street, 20th Street North and the right-of-way for Interstate 66.
Scope of Study
This study analyzed the site in the context of the surrounding area and obtained feedback from LRPC on the appropriateness of the requested change. The scope of the study included the following:
- History of GLUP and zoning designations for the subject site and surrounding area
- Existing GLUP and zoning designations for the subject site and surrounding area
- Recommendations of other relevant plans and policies
- Proposed GLUP amendment request
- 3D modeling of existing conditions and what the proposed GLUP designation would allow
- Preliminary transportation analysis for the site
- Site Plan Project Page for 2145 Lee Hwy/Bergmann