GLUP Amendment Change
In August 2016, NVR, Incorporated submitted a formal application for a Special General Land Use Plan (GLUP) Study for the property located at 1031 N. Vermont St. in conjunction with a future special exception site plan to be filed at a later date. The subject property is located along the south side of 11th Street North, between North Vermont Street and North Utah Street, located in a portion of the Ballston Metro Station Area north of Fairfax Drive. The subject property for the GLUP amendment request is currently improved with a church developed as of right in 1976.
Findings and Staff Recommendations
The following document outlines the findings of the Special GLUP Study for the 11th Street North and North Vermont Street Study Area.
Several parcels located in the Ballston Metro Station Area and situated along the south side of 11th Street North, between North Vermont Street and North Utah Street (see map above).
Scope of Study
This study analyzed the site in the context of the surrounding area and obtained feedback from the LRPC on the appropriateness of the requested changes. The scope of the study included the following:
- History of GLUP and Zoning designations for the study area and its surroundings
- Existing GLUP and Zoning designations for the study area and its surroundings
- Existing environmental and topographical features, land uses, densities, building heights for study site and its surroundings
- Recommendations of established County plans and policies, as applicable
- Allowable uses, densities, building heights, etc. for requested GLUP designation and other GLUP designations to be studied
- 3-D computer modeling of the study site’s existing conditions, and various scenarios reflecting requested GLUP designation and other GLUP designations to be studied
- Preliminary transportation analysis for the study site and its surroundings
- Dec. 20, 2016 – LRPC Meeting: Agenda | Draft Study Process and Scoping Document | Staff Presentation | Meeting Summary
- Feb. 22, 2017 – LRPC Meeting: Agenda | Staff Presentation | Model Comparison Handout | Written Comments Received | Meeting Summary
- March 30, 2017 – LRPC Meeting: Agenda | Staff Presentation | Written Comments Received | Meeting Summary
- May 11, 2017 – Planning Commission Meeting: Agenda | Draft Staff Memo | Draft Supplemental Staff Memo | Staff Presentation | Public Comment Compendium
- June 17, 2017 – County Board Meeting: Agenda | Staff Report | Planning Commission Letter | Staff Presentation | Video
- Aug. 8, 2016 – NVR Incorporated