GLUP Amendment Change
A General Land Use Plan (GLUP) amendment request was submitted to change the land use designation of the Washington Vista site from “Low-Medium” Residential (16-36 units/acre) to “Medium” Residential (37-72 units/acre).
Findings and Staff Recommendations
The following documents outline the findings of the Special GLUP Study for the Washington Vista site:
- Sept. 8, 2015 – Final Memorandum of Study Findings and Staff Recommendations
- Sept. 1, 2015 – Long Range Planning Committee (LRPC) Presentation Compendium
The area bounded by Key Boulevard to the south, North Nash Street to the east, and reaching a third of the way across the block towards Lee Highway to the north and extending west to the base of Colonial Terrace.
Scope of Study
This study analyzed the site in the context of the surrounding area and obtained feedback from LRPC on the appropriateness of the requested change. The scope of the study included the following:
- History of GLUP and zoning designations for the subject site and surrounding area
- Existing GLUP and zoning designations for the subject site and surrounding area
- Recommendations of the Rosslyn Transit Station Area Study and the Rosslyn Station Area Plan Addendum
- Recommendations of other relevant plans and policies
- Proposed GLUP amendment request
- 3D modeling of existing conditions and what the proposed GLUP designation would allow
- Preliminary transportation analysis for the site