GLUP Amendment Change
A General Use Plan (GLUP) amendment request was submitted to change the land use designation of the River House site from “Medium” Residential to “Low” Office-Apartment-Hotel.
This request was in conjunction with a rezoning from RA6-15 and C-O-2.5 to C-0-1.5.
The subject properties are located within the Pentagon City Metro Station Area are bounded by Army Navy Drive to the north, South Joyce Street to the east, 16th Street South to south and the South Lynn Street/South Arlington Ridge Road to the west.
Scope of Study
This study would have analyzed the site in the context of the surrounding area and obtained feedback from LRPC on the appropriateness of the requested change. The scope of the study would have included the following:
- History of GLUP and zoning designations for the subject site and surrounding area
- Existing GLUP and zoning designations for the subject site and surrounding area
- Recommendations of other relevant plans and policies
- Proposed GLUP amendment request
- 3D modeling of existing conditions and what the proposed GLUP designation would allow
- Preliminary transportation analysis for the site
- 7/31/14 – Letter to Vornado
- 6/3/15 – Letter from the Representative Condominium
- 8/3/15 – Letter to Applicant
- 8/31/15 – Letter to Applicant