The Public Spaces Master Plan (PSMP) identifies the major public space needs of the community. The themes and recommendations provide a framework to guide the stewardship of Arlington’s precious public spaces for future generations to enjoy.
- View the interactive summary of the adopted Public Spaces Master Plan.
- Public Spaces Master Plan – adopted April 2019 (Download PDF).
- Table of Contents
- Introduction & Priority Actions
- The Value of Public Spaces
- Planning Context
- Existing Public Space System
- Strategic Directions
Elements of the Public Spaces Master Plan
- Urban Forest Master Plan
- Public Art Master Plan (currently being updated)
- Natural Resources Management Plan
Implementation of the recommendations is subject to the County’s future funding and resource allocations and priorities.
The County Manager appointed an advisory committee to guide the implementation of the PSMP. Learn more about the Public Spaces Master Plan Implementation Advisory Committee (PSMP-IAC) here.