6:30 pm-8:30 pm
Gulf Branch Nature Center & Park
Wednesday, July 17, 6:30 – 8:30 PM: Gulf Branch Stream Restoration Open House
Gulf Branch Nature Center, 3608 N Military Road, Arlington VA, 22207
Please join us for an introductory open house-style public meeting on the Gulf Branch Stream Restoration project. Learn more about:
- Exposed pipes and infrastructure, eroded stream banks, and other existing conditions
- How restoration can create a stable channel and provide water quality and habitat benefits
- Design process and opportunities to provide feedback.
The meeting will include hands-on stations to collect input from all participants. You may arrive any time in the 6:30-8:30 timeframe; we recommend allowing at least a half hour to work through the stations and provide input.
Note: The July 17 meeting will be an introductory opportunity to provide background information about typical components of stream restoration, examples from other Arlington stream restoration projects, and specific challenges in the targeted areas in Gulf Branch. We will also seek input about how the stream and surrounding areas are valued and used, to incorporate those considerations into the planning process.
At a follow-up public meeting in the fall, we will share a preliminary draft concept design and provide more in-depth opportunities for discussion and feedback.
- The online feedback form includes pictures of the stream study area, 2018 conditions and problem spots, and the project process.
- It will be open throughout summer 2019 to accommodate busy schedules.
- Provide feedback on the areas and considerations most important to you.