The Quarterly Development Tracking Report summarizes residential and commercial development activity and trends in Arlington. Information in these reports is generated from County staff reports, County Board minutes and data on Certificate of Occupancy (CO) permits, building permits and demolitions permits.
- Development Report First Quarter 2021
- Development Data: Access Development Tracking raw data through Arlington Open data.
Highlights from this quarter’s report:
- The County Board approved 938 residential units within two projects in the Rosslyn-Ballston Corridor: Ames Center and Courthouse Landmark Block.
- One by-right project was completed in Shirlington, adding a 126,525 SF storage facility to the County.
- Construction activity for Metropolitan Park Phases 6 & 7/8 commenced above grade, comprising over 2 million SF of office space and 69,545 SF of retail space under construction.
Development Tracking Dashboard
As a companion to the report, the Development Tracking Dashboard provides an online interactive experience with development data for the current quarter, trends over the past 10 years, and development within and outside the planning corridors.
Development Project Photo Albums
Project photos from staff site visits can be viewed through the RSIG – Research Team’s Flickr account.
Past Development Tracking Reports
2021: Quarter 1