The Quarterly Development Tracking Report summarizes residential and commercial development activity and trends in Arlington. Information in these reports is generated from County staff reports, County Board minutes and data on Certificate of Occupancy (CO) permits, building permits and demolitions permits.
- Development Report Second Quarter 2021
- Development Data: Access Development Tracking raw data through Arlington Open data.
Highlights from this quarter’s report:
- The County Board approved the future construction of 1,672 residential units within the Planning Corridors: Crystal Plaza 1,
Potomac Yard Land Bay C – East, and Rosslyn RCA Site.
- Three residential projects were completed in the Planning Corridors, adding 618 multi-family residential units.
- Lubber Run Community Center was completed, adding a new 53,348 SF facility to the County.
- Construction started on an additional 362 residential units County-wide.
Development Tracking Dashboard
As a companion to the report, the Development Tracking Dashboard provides an online interactive experience with development data for the current quarter, trends over the past 10 years, and development within and outside the planning corridors.
Development Project Photo Albums
Project photos from staff site visits can be viewed through the RSIG – Research Team’s Flickr account.
Past Development Tracking Reports