Arlington has experienced significant growth over the years, while becoming the thriving urban community it is today. Growth and development in the County continues in accordance with the policies laid out in the Comprehensive Plan, General Land Use Plan and the County’s smart growth strategies.
The County tracks and analyzes commercial and residential development data, produces regular reports and maintains historical development data. Development reports highlight activity and trends, construction starts, completions, new project approvals and demolitions.
- Annual Development Highlights — a summary of both residential and commercial development activity and comparison to trends of the past 10 years.
- Quarterly Development Tracking Reports — summarizes both residential and commercial development activity.
- Interactive Development Map — locations of approved, completed development, demolished and under construction buildings, and more.
- Major Corridors Development — trends in Arlington’s primary corridors: Columbia Pike, Rosslyn-Ballston and Jefferson Davis.
- Other Development Research Reports — additional special reports on particular aspects of development trends or patterns.