2000 Census Data for Arlington County and the Region
- Arlington County’s population increased by 10.8% to 189,453 residents in 2000.
- Arlington County had the highest proportion of Hispanic or Latino residents among Washington, DC, jurisdictions. Between 1990 and 2000, the County’s Hispanic population increased by 52.7% to 35,268.
- 60.3% of Arlington County residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- 33.1% of Arlington residents speak a language other than English at home.
- 27.8% of Arlington residents are foreign born. The County’s foreign-born population increased four times faster than the overall population between 1990 and 2000.
- 41.7% of County residents have never been married.
- Between 1990 and 2000, the median household income increased by 41.3% to $63,001.
2000 Census Archives
Census Population Estimates