Address: 1307 N. Rolfe St.
Bounded by 14th Street North to the north, N. Rhodes Street to the east, Fairfax Drive to the south and N. Rolfe Street to the west.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
The project was approved by the County Board on February 21, 2015.
About the Project
LG Rolfe Street, LLC (the “Applicant”) proposes to redevelop the 2.17-acre site with three buildings: two residential buildings (approximately 403,000 square feet) that provides 395 housing units, and a County transitional living facility with 14 housing units (approximately 16,500 square feet). It also proposes an approximately 8,000 square-foot park.
The site for the proposed public park at the corner of 14th Street N. and N. Rhodes Street is noted in the Fort Myer Heights North Plan for significant trees worth preserving and its potential, once improved, to serve as a prominent gateway to the community. The Plan requires the Department of Parks and Recreation to spearhead the park planning process, which will include the following steps:
- A community open house and public meeting was held on April 9, 2014. See this flyer for more information.
- Using the input gathered at a community open house and public meeting on April 9, 2014, a preliminary concept design for this park was developed and posted online for two-week public comment period. The survey is now closed but the concept can be still be viewed.
- Using the comments from the public meeting and the survey, the park concept was refined and presented to the Park and Recreation Commission and Site Plan Review Committee. The park concept was approved by the County Board as part of the site plan on February 21, 2015.
- July 17, 2014 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Staff Report | Applicant Presentation | Staff Presentation
- June 26, 2014 - SPRC: Meeting Notes | Staff Report | Applicant Presentation
- May 22, 2014 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Staff Report | Applicant Presentation
- April 9, 2014 - PRC: Preliminary Concepts | Meeting Comments | Online Survey | Survey Concept | Survey Feedback | Public Feedback Summary
- March 27, 2014 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Staff Report | Applicant Presentation | Staff Presentation
- Dec. 16, 2013 - SPRC: Meeting Summary | Staff Report | Applicant Presentation | Staff Presentation