Address: 2900 & 2910 S. Glebe Road
Located on the south side of Glebe Road between South Mead and South Lang Streets and adjacent to Four Mile Run, just north of the County boundary. The residents of this area are represented by the Long Branch Creek Civic Association.
Sector Plan Area: Four Mile Run Restoration Master Plan
Site Plan Status
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only - not the status of building or construction permits.
About the Project
The applicant, AHC Inc., proposes constructing two five-story apartment buildings and requests a partial rezoning. The project would demolish the two existing four-story apartment buildings (built in 1961). The existing buildings provide 137 dwelling units, 110 of which are committed affordable housing units.
Proposed project details:
- The partial rezoning would reclassify part of the site from “R-6,” a one-family dwelling district, to “RA8-18,” a residential apartment district, which comprises the remainder of the site.
- The two apartment buildings would provide 257 units and 241 parking spaces.
- The proposed project would offer 154 affordable units (60% of the units) to households earning less than 60% of the area median income.
Documents and Plans
- Initial 4.1 Submission
- 4.1 Supplemental Submission
- Phasing Plan
- Revised Renderings
- Four Mile Run Master Plan
- Four Mile Run Design Guidelines
- Revised 4.1 Submission - Part 1 and Part 2
The Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC), a Planning Commission committee, makes decisions about private development in Arlington. A complete list of meeting schedules, reports, presentations and drawings are available on the SPRC website.
Meeting documents related to this Site Plan Project are included with the SPRC Past Meeting information on the following date:
- May 12, 2014 - meeting summary, applicant presentation
- April 17, 2014 - meeting summary, applicant presentation,, density analysis
- March 13, 2014 -meeting summary, staff presentation, applicant presentation
- Dec. 9, 2013 - meeting summary, presentation
- Nov. 21, 2013 - meeting summary, plan, staff presentation, applicant presentation