Address: 2221 S. Clark St. and 2231 Jefferson Davis Highway
Crystal Plaza 6 is located in Crystal City on the southwest corner of the block generally bounded by 20th Street to the north, Crystal Drive to the east, 23rd Street to the south and South Clark Street and Jefferson Davis Highway to the west.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
About the Project
On behalf of the applicant, CECS Plaza Limited Partnership, Vornado/Charles E. Smith proposes to convert an existing, 12-story office building to a multifamily residential building with ground floor retail. While the majority of the changes proposed to repurpose the building from office to residential would be interior, a paint application is proposed to the exterior of the building to modify the current look. The proposed conversion looks to extend the concept of “WeWork,” which provides flexible, shared work spaces alongside collaborative environments, to a new residential concept. As proposed, the residential concept's floor plan would connect primarily small, efficient units to common spaces between floors. This concept proposes to further the sharing of ideas and space beyond the work environment into a livable community environment.
- Use existing 157,670 square feet of office commercial gross floor area as:
- 151,872 square feet for residential (272 units)
- 5,848 square feet for commercial retail
- 157 existing parking spaces to remain as-is for residential and retail use
- Addition of an access drive north of the existing building for loading
Documents and Plans
- May 12, 2014 - Meeting Summary
- 4.1 Site Plan Drawings, May 5, 2014
- 2221 S. Clark Street Staff Presentation
- CCP 6 SPRC Handout
The Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC), a Planning Commission committee, makes decisions about private development in Arlington. A complete list of meeting schedules, reports, presentations and drawings are available on the SPRC website.
- May 12, 2014 - An SPRC meeting was held at 8:35 p.m. to review the proposal. It is anticipated that this proposal will be heard by the Planning Commission and County Board in July 2014.