The site is on the west side of Jefferson Davis Highway in the Crystal City Metro Station Area, at the corner of 18th Street South and South Eads Street.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
This project was approved by the County Board on Feb. 23, 2013.
About the Project
The applicant, Kettler, proposes redeveloping this site commonly referred to as the Crystal City Post Office. This is the first residential project to apply for redevelopment under the Crystal City Sector Plan adopted in 2008.
Proposed project details:
- Rezone the site from “C-M” Limited Industrial Districts to “C-O-Crystal City” Commercial Office Building, Retail and Hotel and Multiple Family Dwelling Districts; and
- Construct an 11-story, 203-unit residential building with 3-1/2 stories of underground parking containing 181 parking spaces.
The Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC), a Planning Commission subcommittee makes decisions about private development in Arlington. A complete list of meeting schedules, reports, presentations and drawings are available on the SPRC website.
SPRC Past Meeting Documents
- June 25, 2012 - landscape plans, civil plans, architectural plans, applicant presentation
- Sept. 17, 2012 - landscape plans, civil plans, architectural plans
- July 30, 2012 - landscape plans, civil plans