In the Ballston Metro Station Area on the block bounded by 11th Street to the north, Glebe Road to the east, North Fairfax Drive to the south and Wakefield Street to the west.
This reports the status related to the 4.1 Site Plan Process only -- not the status of building or construction permits.
This project was approved by the County Board on Jan. 25, 2014.
About the Project
The applicants/ developers, Marymount University and the Shooshan Company, proposed a major amendment for the 90,487-square-foot site of the Marymount University Blue Goose building. A Site Plan Amendment was approved Jan. 25, 2014 to redevelop the site of the Blue Goose Building with two mixed-use office, commercial, retail and residential buildings:
- a 9 story office building to be used as a school of higher instruction by Marymount University;
- a 12-story, 267 unit residential building with ground floor retail; and
- Approximately 10,600 square feet of outdoor space for a public plaza and pedestrian passageway through the site.
The Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC), a Planning Commission subcommittee makes decisions about private development in Arlington. A complete list of meeting schedules, reports, presentations and drawings are available on the SPRC website.
SPRC Past Meeting Documents
- Dec. 9, 2013 - meeting notes, sign-in sheet
- Oct. 28, 2013 - meeting notes, sign-in sheet, historic preservation comments, Bluemont Civic Association, applicant presentation
- Oct. 17, 2013 - meeting notes, sign-in sheet, staff presentation, applicant presentation
- Sept. 30, 2013 - meeting notes, sign-in sheet
- July 18, 2013 - meeting notes, walking tour handout, applicant presentation, sign-in sheet
- June 20, 2013 - meeting notes, staff presentation, sign-in sheet