The County is developing policy guidelines for evaluating County-owned sites that are proposed for public needs, such as public facilities, schools or affordable housing.
- Public Land Site Evaluation Guidelines (Draft)
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: Submit Feedback by October 31, 2014
The draft guidelines set goals, evaluation criteria and a process for determining how to balance public priorities. It is intended to inform the analysis of a site’s feasibility, but does not include the site selection process for an identified public facility need. Potential uses for public land could include public facilities, affordable housing, schools and recreational facilities and parks. Potential sites include:
- Sites identified in the County Manager’s Public Land for Public Good report
- Sites identified for additional study in the FY 2015-2024 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
- County-held land identified as a potential new school site in the Arlington Public Schools CIP
Upcoming studies that could be influenced by this policy include:
|North Side Salt Facility||26th St North & Old Dominion Dr||Spring 2015|
|Lubber Run Community Center||300 N Park Dr||Spring 2015|
|Jennie Dean Park & Adjacent Land||S Four Mile Run||Spring 2015|
To submit your feedback, you can complete the form below, or, visit the topic forum on OpenArlington. All feedback will be collected and used to revise the draft and present updated guidelines to the Long Range Planning Committee and the Planning Commission for their review in Fall 2014. The County Board will consider the Public Land Site Evaluation Guidelines at its December meeting.