6:30 pm-8:00 pm
Ballston Common Mall
2nd Floor Retail Space (across from Payless Shoes)
This community meeting is a kick-off event for the redesign of the Ballston Quarter Pedestrian Bridge.
Download the event flyer.
The goal of the meeting is to:
- Introduce the community and stakeholders to the Ballston Pedestrian Bridge design process
- Meet the selected design team and learn about their work and design approach
- Orient everyone with the opportunities and constraints related to the new pedestrian bridge
- Capture the community’s perspectives regarding the bridge’s importance and value in terms of accessibility, urban design impact and artistic interpretation as a potential civic landmark
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Share their ideas and provide feedback to the selected artist/designer
- Inform the future design of the bridge through interactive exercises such as visual preference surveys, hands-on design and discussion
- Engage with other community stakeholders and understand each other’s interests
- Participate in a creative process that will reinforce a sense of place in the heart of Ballston
This event is co-hosted by Arlington County Government and Forest City, the developer of Ballston Quarter.
Additional opportunities for online engagement will be made available after the meeting – details coming soon.