Arlington County Profile
Did You Know?
- Arlington’s current population is 216,700 and is projected to reach more than 283,000 by 2040.
- 71.7 percent of Arlington adults have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Arlington employs an estimated 221,700 people.
- Pentagon and Pentagon City Metro stations have the most rider activity in Arlington.
The Arlington County Profile provides statistical information including demographics, development, employment, transportation and community resources. This report is produced annually. For more information about Arlington's history, amenities and highlights, see Arlington Fast Facts.
- en Español: Perfil del Condado de Arlington 2015
Supplemental Fact Sheets
Arlington Economic Development releases economic indicators monthly and a development update quarterly. It also publishes reports and white papers on County planning, retail, sustainability, employment and industry sectors, public-private partnerships, and travel and tourism.
2014 Transportation Performance Measures Report, prepared by Arlington County's Transportation Division:
The Mobility Lab is a “think tank” that provides transportation research for the region's transportation demand management (TDM) partners like Arlington Transportation Partners, BikeArlington, WalkArlington, Capital Bikeshare, goDCgo, and many others. Transportation statistics help make the case for how and why TDM improves communities.