Arlington County Profile
Did You Know ...
- Arlington’s current population is 215,000 and is projected to reach more than 276,000 by 2040.
- 71.3 percent of Arlington adults have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Arlington employs an estimated 220,600 people.
- Pentagon and Pentagon City Metro stations have the most rider activity in Arlington.
The Arlington County Profile provides statistical information including demographics, development, employment, transportation and community resources. This report is produced annually. For more information about Arlington's history, amenities and highlights, see Arlington Fast Facts.
- en Español: Perfil del Condado de Arlington 2014
Supplemental Fact Sheets
Arlington Economic Development releases economic indicators monthly and a development update quarterly. It also publishes reports and white papers on County planning, retail, sustainability, employment and industry sectors, public-private partnerships, and travel and tourism.
The Mobility Lab is a “think tank” that provides transportation research for the region's transportation demand management (TDM) partners like Arlington Transportation Partners, BikeArlington, WalkArlington, Capital Bikeshare, goDCgo, The Commuter Stores and many others. Transportation statistics back up the case for how and why TDM improves communities.